Top Hilton Head Island Fishing Spots
Updated: Jul 23, 2021
Wondering where to cast a line on Hilton Head Island during your next vacation? We’ve got the scoop! With Hilton Head fishing charters departing every day from our lagoon and with the knowledge of fisherman extraordinaire Captain Trent, we can fill you in on some of the best spots for fishing on Hilton Head.
1) Palmetto Dunes lagoon – The 11-mile inland lagoon at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort runs through our backyard and is stocked with lots of fish, including red fish, black drum, flounder and trout. There are several public fishing locations around the lagoon or you can join a Palmetto Lagoon Fishing Charter and let Captain Trent take you direct to where the fish are biting that day!
2) Charles C. Haigh, Jr. Fishing Pier – Located on McKay Creek and the Intracoastal Waterway and open year round, this is a great pier for saltwater fishing.
3) Daufuskie Island Dock and Float – If you take a cruise from Shelter Cove Harbour to nearby Daufuskie Island, you can fish near in the New River and Intracoastal Waterway. This location offers restrooms and parking and is open year round.
4) Jarvis Creek Park – This park, located off of William Hilton Parkway, has an 11-acre fresh water lake stocked with bass and bluegill. Fish from the bank or head to the floating pier. Fishing is catch and release, and it’s a great place to take the kids!
5) May River – Head just across the bridge to Bluffton and the May River to fish from one of the many docks that dot its shores.
Please note that all shore-based saltwater fishing (and many of our inland lagoons and ponds are saltwater) requires a South Carolina fishing license. Freshwater fishing does not require a fishing license.
Do you have a favorite fishing spot on Hilton Head? Is it top secret?!